Celebrating our 11th Anniversary. MuppetsHenson Poll ends soon. Let us all know your favourite Muppet Christmas Production. Thanks for your participation.

Menu


Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Puppet Up Toronto Tour Diary – Day 1 – To the Great White North by Grant Baciocco

October 21, 2013

On the road! Writing this to your from the hotel room of our hotel in Toronto and I tell you, I’m super excited for this show. The energy amongst the cast is super high and I’m thinking if you live anywhere within the Toronto area…come see this show.

This morning some of us met at The Jim Henson Company lot to take a shuttle down to LAX. An idea struck me this morning…How cool is it (and how lucky am I) that I have a job where the tour begins and ends at The Jim Henson Company Lot? Pretty damn cool.

The trip to Toronto went smooth as silk. I’ve never flown on Air Canada before and I have to say, I like it. Had a great flight and their in flight entertainment is great. I spent the time watching MAN OF STEEL and WORLD WAR Z. It was a great way to pass the time.

Upon arriving in Toronto we met up with Julianna, our tireless, fantastic, amazing, wonderful tour manager. Seriously, I can’t sing her praises enough. This tour would fall apart if not for her. She lives in New York so it’s always fun to catch up.

We got to our hotel, checked in and then a bunch of us explored a little to get some dinner. We wound up at a pub called the Artful Dodger and, I’m not ashamed to say, I had a great Prime Rib dinner. It was fantastic and a great way to kick off the tour. Good food, good company, good times.


After the meal some of us went to the grocery store to get some supplies for the kitchens we have in the rooms. Then everyone just retired to their room to prep for tomorrow’s rehearsals.



So it’s late, and I’m going to sign off for tonight but stay tuned because these reports are going to be daily, and there’s going to be much better pictures. Promise. It’s time to Puppet Up!

by Grant Baciocco
(Not Officially Endorsed by Puppet Up or The Jim Henson Company)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome to read! I will be attending Nov 3rd- first show of the day. It'll be great to see the show and hopefully scream out some good ideas for the improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great reads! Thanks to Grant for allowing me to post them here for all to read! I will be there on Sunday - to hopefully buy those awesome puppet Hot Dogs!!

    ReplyDelete