Celebrating our 11th Anniversary. MuppetsHenson Poll ends soon. Let us all know your favourite Muppet Christmas Production. Thanks for your participation.

Menu


Thursday, August 07, 2014

VIDEO: Kermit Invites Rocket Raccoon To Join The Muppets

From mtv.com

When Kermit the Frog and Pepe the King Prawn came by the MTV offices to promote “Muppets Most Wanted” hitting Blu-ray, I couldn’t help but ask them about some of the newest faces to the animal actor game. I had to find out what these legends thought of Rocket from “Guardians of the Galaxy” and Caesar from “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.” 

Kermit, the consummate professional, told me that he enjoyed both performances quite a lot. He even had an offer for his Disney cousin, Rocket. 

“I saw ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ It was quite good, lots of action and adventure and a talking raccoon. I’m not quite sure why we never thought of that,” he said. “Rocket could always come and join the Muppets if it doesn’t work out over there.” 

Kermit also said that he would have made a similar offer to Caesar, but there was a complication. “I actually thought Caesar was wonderful,” Kermit said. “I thought we could meet up and talk shop. Turns out he’s only computer generated.” 

Not every animal star that people are talking about this summer movie season is a newcomer, though. Howard the Duck made a noteworthy cameo after the credits of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” but don’t ask Kermit or Pepe for their opinions. They know someone better suited to comment on the comeback. 

“I’m not actually sure Howard went away,” Kermit said. “I wonder if perhaps I should defer to Donald [Duck]. I think he is probably more in the scoop of the whole fowl acting community. Donald wouldn’t talk about frogs or prawns.”  

CLICK HERE to watch VIDEO 
(May not be available in all locations)

No comments:

Post a Comment