NEW MuppetsHenson Poll now up! NOW STREAMING on the AppleTV+ - Season 2 of "Fraggle Rock: Back To The Rock". How would you rate the second season? PLUS - Did you enjoy this season more than the first? (2 Votes allowed for this Poll - one for first question and one for final YES or N0 question.) Thanks for your participation.

Menu


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ricky Gervais: 'Muppets movie beats working with Robert De Niro'



The Muppets, The Muppets...Again!, Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais has said that working on "The Muppets...Again!"  tops collaborating with Robert De Niro.

The comedian told The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio that he was always a big fan of The Muppets.

"Honestly, this is the first time when I've really gone 'I really can't believe my luck here'. I think people think I am blasé about doing all this stuff but this tops working with De Niro."

He added: "It is absolute magic and I have been a huge fan literally for 35 years.


"An early hero of mine, John Cleese, was on there and he acted himself and I thought that's great."

Gervais continued: "I think it must have influenced me doing stuff like Extras, where these huge icons came on and they were the butt of the joke with the locals.

"And I think that was the first time I'd really seen that done properly. I honestly watch A Muppet Christmas Carol at least twice a year.
"Honestly, it's already the greatest story ever told, A Christmas Carol, and the only way you could improve on Dickens is stick in some Muppets.

"I want to do it to every film I do now; Schindler's List 2, it doesn't matter I just want Muppets in every movie."

De Niro starred in the final episode of the second series of Gervais's Extras as himself.



CLICK HERE to see Ricky Gervais on The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio talking about "Muppets...Again!"


No comments:

Post a Comment