NEW MuppetsHenson Poll now up! NOW STREAMING on the AppleTV+ - Season 2 of "Fraggle Rock: Back To The Rock". How would you rate the second season? PLUS - Did you enjoy this season more than the first? (2 Votes allowed for this Poll - one for first question and one for final YES or N0 question.) Thanks for your participation.

Menu


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Muppets' Statler and Waldorf Review This Year's Oscar Nominees

From papermag.com

The world's greatest critics, Statler and Waldorf of the Muppets -- and of the new movie Muppets Most Wanted (opening March 21st) -- offer their inimitable reviews of the nine Oscar "Best Picture" nominees. 

American Hustle
STATLER: Great movie! Great cast!
WALDORF: And a great decade -- the 1970s.
S: Yeah, that movie took me back to when we were young.
W: We weren't young in the 1970s!
S: Oh darn, I must've been watching Jurassic Park again.

Philomena
S: A woman goes looking for the child she gave away at birth. I have only one word to say.
W: What's that? 
S: Mama!

Captain Phillips
W: Tom Hanks is incredible in this true story of bravery on the high seas. 
S: Not only does he survive an attack by pirates, but he does it without taking Dramamine.
W: You sure this is a true story?   

12 Years a Slave
S: A powerful motion picture. 
W: Reminds me of our years with the Muppets.

Nebraska
W: An old guy played by Bruce Dern thinks he's won millions and heads cross country in search of his reward.
S: Heck, I'd leave here for a buck fifty. 
W: Bruce Dern is great as an old guy. 
S: Old? I've got socks older than him!
W: Yeah, and you might try washing 'em once in a while. 

Her
S: A guy falls in love with his phone's operating system. Unbelievable!
W: Can you keep it down? I'm trying to have a quiet moment with my cell phone. Now where was I? Oh yes: I love it when you ring and vibrate.
S: Help!

The Wolf of Wall Street
S: I've never seen anything like this movie. It was wild, rude, salacious, vulgar and totally indecent.
W: You hated it? 
S: You kidding? I can't wait to see it again.

Dallas Buyers Club
W: Matthew McConaughey is incredible in this movie. 
S: I haven't seen this one yet. Do the Cowboys win? 
W: It's not a western.
S: I know that. I was talking about whether the Dallas Cowboys football team won.
W: It's not a sports movie, either. 
S: Oh...Well, then what is it about?
W: Oh, about an hour and a half.Oh-ho-ho-ho!

Gravity
S: Sandra Bullock trapped, running out of oxygen, floating away into nothingness. 
W: It was very scary.
S: Reminded me of us watching The Muppet Show.
W: Not that scary, but close.

The 86th Annual Academy Awards air March 2nd at 7 p.m. on ABC
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment